Dear IUSD Community,
On behalf of the Irvine Unified School District Board of Education, administrators and staff, we are excited to welcome our new and returning students and families to the start of the 2022-23 traditional school year. We have been working diligently throughout the summer in preparation for students returning to school and look forward to making this a wonderful year!
CLOSED CAMPUS POLICY
Stone Creek is a closed campus during the school year. This ensures the safety of our students and allows us to quickly begin our morning transition. Parents and students should make a plan for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up meeting locations in Grades 1-6. Designated drop-off/pick-up locations include our school parking lot drive through, Birdsong (behind the school, adjacent to Birdsong Park), or the loading/unloading zone on West Yale Loop. Please reference the included School Map.
For any parent volunteers, please check in with the front office prior to entering campus.
Safety Reminders for ACCESSING our school
1. The school parking lot is available for drive-thru only. Children should exit the passenger sides of vehicles and be prepared to exit cars quickly to keep traffic flowing.
2. Children in grades 3-6 can bike to school without adult supervision. Children in grades K-2 biking to school must be accompanied by an adult to and from school.
- Helmets should be worn properly at all times when biking.
- Bikes must be locked in our front bike rack area. No scooters or skateboards are allowed on campus.
- Bikes should be walked while on campus.
3. No pets allowed on campus, including the school parking lot.
4. Use designated drop-off locations (school parking lot, West Yale Loop, or Birdsong) to drop off your child or meet them after school.
5. Enter the campus through designated walking paths/sidewalks. Do not walk or bike through the school parking lot.
COVID protocols for the 2022-23 School year
As we prepare for the start of the 2022-23 school year, I would like to take this opportunity to share important information with you about what our school and IUSD is doing to continue to address COVID-19 on our campuses.
We will continue our current health and safety mitigation strategies, some of which include:
Stand alone air purification units in classrooms, offices and other collaboration spaces
Enhanced ventilation throughout our facility
Cleaning and disinfecting protocols
Handwashing and/or hand sanitizing stations
In addition, we will continue to provide community notifications of confirmed positive COVID-19 cases and track this information on our COVID-19 Dashboard. We will also have both PCR and antigen testing available for students, staff and IUSD community members at our front desk in the event COVID-19 symptoms occur.
As a reminder, while masks are not required, anyone who wishes to wear a mask may do so at any time. Please see the updated California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines for schools for more information or visit our COVID-19 resource page for more information about IUSD practices and protocols.
Please keep students home when sick. If your student is confirmed positive for COVID-19, contact the school office @ 949-936-6200. We will ask you to complete a short google form (similar to last year), which allows us to continue to monitor cases and provide our parent community with appropriate notifications and guidelines to follow.
With these ongoing health and safety measures in place, we are excited to have all our students, staff and parents back with us as we start the 2022-23 school year.