Sunday, May 5, 2019 9:00am - 6:00pm Irvine Stadium 4321 Walnut Ave (behind Irvine High School)
EXPO & EVENT DAY INFORMATION
- SATURDAY, MAY 4 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Athlete Check-In, Ticket Sales and EXPO T-shirts will be distributed and MUST be worn to compete. Athletes NOT registered may not compete.
- SUNDAY MAY 5 8:00 am Check-in Begins Those who checked in on Saturday can avoid the lines!
- SPECTATOR TICKETS Adults $10 Children $5 Food & drinks will be on sale the entire day.
- OPENING CEREMONY All athletes expected to participate. Line up on the track behind their school banner by 8:45 am.
REGISTRATION ALL ATHLETES MUST ATTEND AN IUSD SCHOOL
- Register online at: www.IrvineJuniorGames.org
- ENTRY FEE: $40 per athlete
- Registration includes an Irvine Junior Games T-shirt, participation in track clinic, and “free day” at Camp James.
IRVINE JUNIOR GAMES EVENTS
5th & 6th GRADE
7th & 8th GRADE
SPRINT 50 or 100 meter DISTANCE 400 meter run FIELD Soccer kick or bag shot or standing long jump or basketball shot
SPRINT 50 or 100 meter DISTANCE 400 or 800 meter run FIELD Soccer kick or bag shot or standing long jump or basketball shot
7th and 8th graders may sign up to participate in all sprint, distance and 2 ﬁeld events as listed below. SPRINT 100 meter sprint DISTANCE 400, 800 and/or 1,500 meter run FIELD Soccer kick, running long jump, and/or basketball shot (limit 2) ADAPTED TRACK and FIELD EVENTS 4th-8th grade IUSD Adapted PE students 100 meter, Bag Shot, Basketball Shoot And Long Jump
- FEBRUARY 22 Last day to register online (may close early if sold out)
- EARLY MARCH Sprint Runoffs at each school
- MID APRIL Athlete Information packet distributed at school
- APRIL Track Clinic
- SATURDAY, MAY 4 Pre-Event athlete check-in 10:00am - 2:00pm and sponsor/vendor
- EXPO SUNDAY, MAY 5 Check-In 8:00am Line up behind school banner 8:45am
- The athlete seating area is for athletes ONLY There is a designated area with adult supervision for each school. Parents are NOT allowed in the athletes-only seating area.
- Metal cleats or spikes are PROHIBITED
- Shoes that accept metal spikes or cleats are allowed so long as the metal elements have been removed.
- Soccer shoes are permitted for the soccer kick event, but not required.
- Join your athlete in the Irvine Junior Games by becoming a Sponsor!
- Donate online at: www.IrvineJuniorGames.org or mail your sponsor check payable to the Irvine Children’s Fund
- Sponsor an Athlete: $40 Donation Includes name in program
- Cheerleader Sponsor: $150 Donation Includes two adult and 1 child tickets for lunch at Sponsor Tent and name in program
- Spirit Team: $250 Donation Includes four adult tickets for lunch at Sponsor Tent, presentation of award medals, and name in program
- Event Sponsor: $500 Donation Includes six adult tickets for lunch at Sponsor Tent, presentation of award medals, name on back of 1,300 IJG athlete t-shirts, march in opening ceremony, and ad in program Company Matching Gift
- For more information, feel free to contact: email@example.com
DID YOU KNOW?
The Irvine Children’s Fund has provided: $2,082,099 for child care scholarships $247,675 to child care sites for activities and supplies $232,241 to the schools and teachers participating in the Irvine Junior Games 33,784 child care days from 2014-2018 DONATIONS TOTALING OVER $2.8 MILLION TO DATE!
IRVINE JUNIOR GAMES
Over 1,300 athletes from 4th through 8th grade will again show their spirit for this year’s Irvine Children’s Fund track and ﬁeld fundraising event for all families to enjoy.
IRVINE CHILDREN’S FUND
The ICF is a nonproﬁt organization supporting the Irvine Child Care Project in cooperation with the Irvine Uniﬁed School District. The money raised by the Irvine Junior Games is used to provide child care scholarships and help meet the before and after school needs on IUSD elementary school child care sites.